About The Division of Investment Management
Investment Management includes Asset Management, Wealth Management, and Private Wealth Management. The division strives to develop innovative portfolio management strategies for clients that help them achieve specific goals.
We look for people from all academic backgrounds with the integrity, drive, and people skills to build strong, long-term relationships with our clients, which includes individuals, families, businesses, and endowments.
Working in this division requires impeccable client management and relationship building skills, professional securities licensing, and a keen attention to detail.
We are expanding our team and looking for knowledgeable and ambitious wine advisor professionals to join our Private Client Wealth Management team. Many of our clients invest in wine fine, while others inherit large collections. Still others would like to invest in fine wine, but are unsure where to begin.
The ideal candidate will have a highly developed understanding of fine wines along with the sales ability to match. In this role, you will build relationships with both clients and people on the investment management teams, and close opportunities directly with both new and repeat private clients. You must have a natural ability to build trust with clients as their go-to source for wine education. If you have the drive and passion for sales and share our belief in unrivaled service as the most effective way to build the business, then let’s talk.
Job Summary and Responsibilities
- Organize and manage wine experiences for high-net-worth clients in your territory
- Educate clients about wine as an investment
- Build and foster relationships with partners
- Generate new leads and proactively engage potential clients
- Develop and manage a pipeline of new opportunities
- Close opportunities to meet monthly, quarterly and annual goals
- Collaborate with our Investment Management and Business Development teams
- Stay up-to-date on current wine trends and vintages
- 4 year college degree from an accredited university, or non-U.S. equivalent. Minimum GPA 3.0.
- 3+ years of successful experience consulting clients on fine wine investing
- Must have demonstrated proactive sales experience
- Excellent written and spoken English, some knowledge of French a plus
- Wine & Spirits Education Trust (WSET) Level 3+, Certified Sommelier, Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) or equivalent training
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to develop a sales pipeline and meet sales targets
- Proficiency in Salesforce.com or other similar CRM systems
- Working knowledge of and passion for the world’s major wine regions
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and “get it done” mindset
- A true sales instinct and comfort with performance-driven compensation
- Compensation: this is a fee-only opportunity. Learn more
- Location: Remote – while this listing indicates NYC as the location, you can be located anywhere.
This position falls under our Lifestyle Advisory category. Learn more.